The following policy outlines the privacy practices of Hogg and Associates Lawyers Pty Ltd in regards to personal and business information.
1. Privacy. Hogg and Associates Pty Ltd respects the privacy of all clients. This document outlines the Australian privacy principles which regulate how personal information is obtained and handled, from the collection, it’s use and future disclosures as well as how the information is stored and when and how it is disposed.
2. Personal Information Collection. Personal information is defined as any information that specifically identifies you or from which your identity can be easily attained. To provide our clients with superior service we may need to collect relevant personal information from you.
3. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information. The nature of legal work we complete on behalf of our clients requires us to collect and hold sensitive information about individuals. We collect personal information about clients or prospective clients during the course or conduct or proposed conduct of their legal matter. We also collect personal information from third parties such as courts, tribunals, governments, professional and statutory bodies, referrers, and professionals or individuals connected with the conduct of legal matters on behalf of clients. We collect personal information about employees and prospective employees and with organisations and suppliers of services during the conduct of our practice.
4. Consent and Confidentiality. By using this website and giving your information to us, you indicate your consent to us. It is our guarantee that we will treat your personal information responsibly and ethically. You are under no obligation to provide us with any of your information.
5. Access to Your Personal Information. You can request access to your personal information at any time. You may also request for us to update any information or change any information that is incorrect. Any request is subject to the permissibility of the law. If for any reason we are unable to provide you with certain requested information, we will provide you with an explanation. You may request a copy of your information in writing to the Director of Hogg and Associates Lawyers Pty Ltd.
6. Information about other people. If you provide information to us about a third party (such as your directors, employees or someone you have business dealing with) you must ensure that you are entitled to disclose that information to us and that you have fully complied with the Privacy Act 1988 in relation to the collection, use or disclosure of that information.
7. Security of information. We take the security of your personal and business information seriously. All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that all information is treated confidentially and kept secure.
8. Complaints. If you believe we have not complied with the Australian privacy principles, then you can make a complaint in writing to the Director of Hogg and Associates Lawyers Pty Ltd. If you are not satisfied with our response to your request or complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Information, no advice
The information contained on the Hogg and Associates Lawyers Pty Ltd website is provided as information only and should not be construes as legal advice on any matter.
No Statements of Law
The information contained on the Hogg and Associates Lawyers Pty Ltd website should not be used as a complete statement of the law on any issue. The information provided is in summary form and is not comprehensive or complete. The information on this website may not be up to date or current.
Professional Advice recommended
The information contained on the Hogg and Associates Lawyers Pty Ltd website should not be used as a substitute for legal advice. We recommend that legal advice be obtained before making any decisions or taking any action.
No Lawyer client relationship established
Contact or communication by any means identified on this website does not constitute a lawyer client relationship between you and and us.
The information contained on this website does not constitute legal advice. Hogg and Associates Lawyers Pty Ltd disclaim any liability for any decision made or action taken or not taken based on the information contained on this website. We do not accept liability or responsibility for any loss that results from any decision made or action taken or not taken based on the information contained on this website.
Limited Liability by a scheme approved under the Professional Standards Legislation
Legal practitioner employed by Hogg and Associates Pty Ltd are member of the scheme.